|That isn't even all of them!|
I trimmed them all to 2" - which in most cases was very little fabric indeed but I ended with with quite a pile of sneeze inducing scraps!
I quilted some zig zags into the white areas - the cushion front is simply the panel on a batting scrap - there is no backing.
I made the cushion back using about 1/2 yard of the central park trees I had and used this tutorial for a concealed zip back - a slight error means the zipper flap faces the right way or the trees do. I chose the trees.
I love the look of cushions with a piped edge but don't think I do it well enough so this time I tried binding the pillow as I would a quilt and I quite like how it has turned out - with the frame. I might be a convert to this method.
The binding is the leftover quilt binding, the backing some fabric bought for the quilt and never used and the story of the blocks is already told! So in the end I have a 21" square cushion completely from scraps!