Sunday, September 22, 2013

...more progress on the Marcelle Medallion

After I got the centre star sewn last week and added the first border I felt a little 'meh' about the colours I had chosen. In my head I had strong colours contrasting with black (where the low volume fabrics are used in the original) and on reflection I knew that the fabrics I had chosen weren't strong enough colours. 

So I started again. I used Color Scheme designer to help me clarify the colour scheme I wanted to use - especially as I am still hoping to make this one entirely from stash. 

I was still a little dubious at this point but then I added the 60 degree triangle border and I was sold on the colour scheme. 

I've added border 3 and next up are the flying geese. 

I am hoping to get these cut out tonight or tomorrow as my sewing 'cave' will be converted to a bedroom for guests next weekend so I'd like to have it sewn on this week. We'll see though - they are a funny size!

Sunday, September 15, 2013

...Marcelle Medallion Quilt Along

Several months ago I bought the fist copy of this magazine because of the quilt on the cover and then later a bought this book with the pattern in it as well. 

Until last week I hadn't started it. I'm still only as far as the center and border one but we'll see how it goes. 

Thanks to Penny for the push to get started by hosting the QAL