Wednesday, November 23, 2011

...WiP Wednesday

This Week
This week the Christmas gift list sewing started in ernest. I am hoping to keep the new tradition of bags for wrapping going and at least one handmade item (even if small) for all recipients. I aim big, no doubt about it. 

Curclicue Crush Quilt
More pinning on this one this week but no sewing. I am thinking that I may have to revise my December 1st finish date and aim for a before Christmas top finish!



BSPDU Quilt
I also finally finished the embroidery on the signature labels for this bee quilt. I have pieced the back, prepared the batting and I am just waiting for the motivation/inspiration to get this basted.dfe

A laptop sleeve
using this tutorial 
I made a change or two so that all the seams were enclosed but altogether if was a reasonable quick and well designed project that yielded a great finished product.

November blocks for do good stitches
blogged previously here


Some Christmas Gifts and stocking stuffers
Tea holder - tutorial

I have also made the bulk of an art folio from Growing Up Sew Liberated. I am really happy with how it has turned out and with how the fabric work. There was only one part where I found the instructions confusing and I am not sure I did it the way it was written but all in all I'm pleased.


In the tubs 
Whimsy Hexie Quilt
Curclicue Crush Quilt - All cut out and ready to sew
Blue and White Quilt
Grey Tone Kaleidoscope 
Postage Stamp QA Quilt
X Marks the Pirate Quilt
Farmers Wife QA
BSPDU Quilt - Just waiting on a backing!

New projects (started anything new?)
Christmas gifts!
Finished this week
Tea pocket
Laptop Sleeve

5 comments:

Tanya said...

I love your blocks! Those nest birds are great!

Kirsten said...

Love the laptop case in the Echino - I used the same fabric to make my brother a kindle cover:)

Cille said...

You have so many beautiful projects. I especially like your blocks for do good stitches - the bird one is striking :)

Marsha Cooper said...

The blocks look really nice.
The art folio looks like a fold out blanket?

FabricDonkey said...

I love your fabric choices and especially that art folio.