When Rachel announced her Scrap Attack quilt along I was wondering what to do with the scraps I had generated from my Star light, Star bright quilt. I was also wondering if it was the time to start using some of the EPP shapes I have collected over the last little while and take a portable hand sewing project with me to Perth.
Turns out the answer to both of these questions was an EPP star quilt! I'm using 2.5"hexagons for the negative space and the 'stars' are constructed with 2.5" jewels with a 1.25" hexagon in the centre.
I'm aiming for a good spread of colours and patterns across the quilt, each star has a warm or cool centre and the other forms the petals.
I have basted all the hexagons in both sizes and made some stars but got a bit stuck until today when I was able to get some more jewel shapes.
I've started getting the top together too. The plan is to take some time to each lunch at work this year and so to baste and sew a star or two at lunch each day and then add it to the top when I get home in the evening.
A plan at least!