Monday, July 18, 2011

...Farmer's Wife Sampler - A start

What seems like ages ago the book arrived to participate in the QAL and then I cut my finger and everything slowed down. But Saturday night I finished tracing and cutting out all the templates and have made a few blocks this afternoon. 

Because this is such a lengthy QAL and the quilt will be quite a special one at the the end of that because of it I have decided to piece it all in Liberty prints. I am going to have to be careful with the values of the prints I think to ensure the design of the blocks show up because very few of these 'read' as a solid. 

I am finding the templates easy to use (my tip to help them stay in place while cutting is a little doubles sided tape) and so far the blocks have turned out to be the correct size - A relief as to re-do the templates may have done my head in!

I'm hoping to make a few more a day over the next week or so and catch up to the group soon. 

No comments: