But then I saw a post on the Doll Quilt Swap Flickr group discussion page about the theme for this round - miniatures - and I couldn't resist.
So I have spent some time working out the maths to sew some smaller blocks. Based on my secret partners preferences I came up with two options.
I have decided to go with the second option. I do like the stars in the hexagon but someone else is also doing one very similar and I would like to be a little individual!
I have started cutting and piecing this afternoon, almost all from my scrap containers. Only the star centres is cut from a 'new' half yard from the fabric cupboard.
Each of the blocks will finish at 3" and there will be 16 blocks making a quilt of just over 12" square. For such a small quilt there are a lot of seam to sew, and still to go, but I'm pleased with how it is turning out so far.