Sunday, January 16, 2011

Queensland Flood Relief Auction: Alice in Wonderland Quilt


Early last week when I read Toni's first post on the Flood Relief Auction I sent off and email to volunteer to participate. And have spent some time since then trying to work out what to auction.

In the end I made this Alice in Wonderland quilt.


It includes a number of different Japanese double gauze fabrics, some Liberty, Anna Maria Horner voile and Japanese cottons.


The back in the Alice double gauze print. The different textures feel fantastic.
It is a lap or cot size, approximately 42"x54".

I must apologize for the ordinary photos, I only just got it finished for the photo shoot this afternoon as the sun was setting.

So to the auctions.

Here is how it works:
1.  Bidding will start at $60.00 (Australian), and all bids will be in AUD.
2. You can place a bid by leaving a comment on this blog post with your bid amount and email address (or  link to a profile where I can see your email address).  
3. Please make sure that your bid is higher than the previous bidder.  
4. Your bid must be in whole dollar increments.
5. This auction is open to everyone,  however $15 will be charged for International addresses (the difference will be refunded if postage is less).  Postage is FREE for Australian residents.  
6. The auction begins NOW and will END at 9am on Monday 24 January, 2011 (AEDST)
7. At the close of the auction, I will contact the winner.  The winner will pay the winning amount directly into the Premier's Flood Relief Appeal and send me proof of payment via email.  Once proof of payment has been received, I will post your quilt to you.
8. If for some reason I have not had contact from the winning bidder within three days of the auction ending the next highest bidder will be contacted.

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me.

Thank you for your support. And a huge thank you to Toni and Carli for all their organization. To find a great list of other auctions underway to support this cause please visit the master list here.
QLD Flood Appeal

4 comments:

Liz said...

Well I'll start this off at $75, it's lovely Kristy..
Lizzie
xxx

Josh and Kirrily said...

Love that quilt! I'll bid $120
Kirrily

julie said...

I love it, beautiful quilt. I bid $150
Julie

ash said...

Am i too late to bid?
Ash