Monday, December 13, 2010

Colette Pattern No. II - The Macaroon Dress

This took a bit longer to finish than I had anticipated. Not because it was tricky or I got stuck but because this time of year, both at work and at home, is really busy. Rather than push myself to get it done (and inevitably make mistakes) I took the advice printed on the inside of the instruction book and took my time to enjoy the process of making something for myself.  
It has a tailored look, with back neck darts, skirt darts and something that sells me on a lot of garments, POCKETS!
The bodice is top stitched to the yoke in a similar manner to the top middle and bottom sections in the Cinnamon slip.
A great dress for work this summer.



By the way, did you meet my new garment sewing buddy Mindy. She is just like me.
The pattern is available here.

Please pop back later tonight - I will be participating in Giveaway Day hosted by Sew Mama Sew, but am trying to wait for the 13th in the US before I post. 

No comments: