Tuesday, November 16, 2010

3x6 Holiday block swap

One of the list of projects I mentioned in my last post was blocks for the 3x6 Sampler Quilt Mini Bee.

I will participate in the next quarter of this bee for the first time. In this bee you make six blocks, the the chosen colours of each of your hive members, with the colours being different and the block design being the same. Each quarter lasts for three months and there are four quarters a year (unsurprisingly) and you can drop in and out of the quarters as you workload allows.  

This year there is also a holiday block swap. Send off as many 12.5" blocks as your heart desires and get the same number back.

I had been wanting to try the Three in a Box quilt block designed by Julie Herman from Jaybird Quilts for a little while and thought this was the perfect opportunity.

So I pulled out some Christmas fabric and got cutting and sewing.

I have 16 blocks - the mixed amount I get back should be enough to make a Christmas quilt when I get them. Not really needed in Australia in December but pretty all the same!
Can you spy my mistake block, or as I like to call it, my humility block? I thought about undoing it and resewing it but in a Sampler Quilt I didn't think it was worth the risk tearing the fabric, it is just a different design.
This is my favourite block!
I can't wait to see what appears in the mail in a few weeks. I'm sure it will be great!

No comments: