But last weekend - when 6:30pm arrived without due warning I decided enough was enough and I pulled out my Trimmings pack.
I traced numbers the numbers onto visoflix, fused them to the 'trimmimgs' and then I cut them out and fused them on to a piece of cotton/hemp fabric I had in my stash.
I sewed a running stitch just inside the number to secure it to the background and then again just outside to define them slightly more.
I also added a small spool of thread to the centre of the clock face. The print offered a number of thin lines in one direction and I back-stitched lines perpendicular to make the 'thread'.
All done! I'm pretty happy with it!