Tuesday, October 16, 2012

...current affairs

At one of the recent Sit and Sew evenings Chris was talking about dating quilts and said that antique quilts are dated from the most recent fabric included in their construction.
When I thought about it later I wondered what happened with the quilts made many years after the fabric for them was purchased but that is a different story.
I was reminded of this bit of information recently when I was ironing some new newsprint fabric picked up from Spotlight.
Some headlines and story content caught my eye....the print is made up of 'clippings' of actual articles that have appeared in the Australian press in recent times.
This one will date on only a quilt but also the fabric that was included in the construction. And will the quilts that this end up in be akin to finding an old newspaper under the lino when renovating.

No comments: